War and Mandrill connect together for a live concert event in Philadelphia, PA, Saturday, August 25th, 2007, at the Mann Music Center.
Lou, Ric, Carlos, and Wilfredo: the Wilson Brothers, formed Mandrill in Brooklyn, New York.
Their first album was released in February, 1971. Today, the Wilson Brothers keep the Mandrill beat pumping.
Mandrill continues to be sampled by a new generation of performers. From "Fencewalk" to "Can You Get It (Suzie Caesar)," the distinctive Mandrill sound serves up a progressive gumbo of classic soul.
Another unique musical powerhouse with a similarly eclectic yet highly successful track record is War.
They've been creating memorable street beats even longer than Mandrill.
War is also appearing...
- Saturday, September 8, 2007 - Hampton, Virginia
- Monday, September 10, 2007 - Albuquerque, New Mexico, State Fair
- Saturday, September 15, 2007 - Irvine, California, Verizon Amphitheatre
- Friday, September 28, 2007 - Huntsville, Alabama, Big Spring Park Jam
- Saturday, September 29, 2007 - San Antonio, Texas, City Festival
Catch Mandrill on Monday, August 27th, at The Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia, (right outside of Washington, DC).