Aretha Franklin's number one song, "Day Dreaming," gets a contemporary spin as one of the highlighted tracks on Natalie Cole's new CD, "Leavin'."
Scheduled for release yesterday, (September 26), "Leavin'" is Natalie's 20th studio album, and her first in four years.
Versatility is Ms. Cole's middle name. She chooses a wide selection of material on the collection, including songs by The Isley Brothers, Fiona Apple, Neil Young, Kate Bush, and Sting:
- Old Man
- Day Dreaming
- The More You Do It (The More I Like It Done To Me)
- Lovin' Arms
- Love Letter
- The Man With A Child In His Eyes
- 5 Minutes Away
- Don't Say Goodnight (It's Time For Love)
- You Gotta Be
- If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
She handles "Day Dreaming" quite well, giving it a very modern touch.
Natalie Cole trivia...her first hit, "This Will Be," reached #6 pop in 1975. How many hits did she have through 1997?
What's a new CD without a tour to support the release? Catch Natalie on the following October and November 2006 dates:
- October 12: Casino Rama Orillia, Ontario, Canada
- October 14: Caesar's Palace, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- October 16: World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 18: Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, Georgia
- October 21: Norton Center for the Arts, Danville, Kentucky
- October 24: Count Basie Theater, Red Bank, New Jersey
- October 25: Music Center at Strathmore, Bethesda, Maryland
- October 28: Fine Arts Theatre, Detroit, Michigan
- October 29: Fine Arts Theatre, Detroit, Michigan
- November 1: Park West, Chicago, Illinois
- November 2: Park West, Chicago, Illinois
- November 7: Potawatomi Casino-Northern Lights Theatre, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- November 12: Jackson Rancheria Casino, Jackson, California
The answer to the trivia question: Natalie Cole had 18 charted "hits" between 1975 - 1997.